Our Children’s Ministry is passionate about declaring the greatness of God to the next generation.
Safety and Security
At Kiokee, your child’s safety and security is very important to us.
We believe that in order to effectively minister to you and your family we must provide an environment that promotes the best care possible for children. So please know that while we purpose to ensure that your child’s time here is profitable for their spiritual growth, we also strive to provide safe and secure areas of ministry for them to experience this growth within.
Please take time to read our downloadable Safety and Protection Policies:
Sunday Mornings at Kiokee
- All children Birth-6th grade must be checked in for Sunday School and Children’s Worship by a parent, designated adult or sibling 16 yrs. of age or older.
- Computer check-in stations are located in Buildings A & B.
- Once a child is checked in to their ministry area, they will be given a name tag with a security number. Parents are given a matching tag with the same number.
- Parents of children Birth-3rd Grade are required to pick their child up from Sunday School/Children’s Worship and must present the matching security tag when picking up their child. If the parent designates another person to pick up their child, that person must have the child’s matching security tag.
- Children who will not be attending Children’s Worship will need to be picked up by a parent or designated adult after Sunday School.
- Children who have been designated at check-in to attend Children’s Worship will be escorted by their S.S. teachers from their S.S. class to the Children’s Worship they are eligible to attend. A parent or designated adult must pick the child up from Children’s Worship.
- Children who are in grades 4-6 are allowed to walk from their S.S. class to the Sanctuary on Sunday mornings by themselves.
Wednesday Evenings at Kiokee
- All children Birth-6th grade must be signed in and picked up from their ministry area by a parent, designated adult or sibling 16 yrs. of age or older.
Note: This is different from our Sunday morning procedure, which only requires children through 3rd grade to be picked up. Why is it different? On Wednesday evenings, we have children who attend ministry in both Buildings A & D, which are on opposite ends of our campus. We also experience portions of our year where it is dark by 6:30 p.m., which is our start time for Children’s Ministry on Wednesday evenings. So for the safety of your child, we ask you as a parent to sign in and pick your child up from their area of ministry each Wednesday evening.
- Sign in sheets are located at the entrance to each Children’s Discipleship ministry area (Team Kids, GA’s & RA’s).
Parents are asked to follow the above procedures as closely as possible. We would like to thank you in advance for helping us to ensure that your child’s time at Kiokee is safe and secure each week.