Our Children’s Ministry is passionate about declaring the greatness of God to the next generation.
Your First Visit
Our Children’s Ministry welcomes first time guests. We strive to ensure that your child’s time here at Kiokee is safe as well as profitable for their spiritual growth.
On your first visit to Kiokee, please stop by one of our Welcome Centers and let us know you are a guest. You will be asked to complete a registration form for your child. The registration form gives us important information we need in order to best place and minister to your child so please take the time to complete it. Our Welcome Center volunteers will be glad to answer any questions you may have during this registration process.
Upon arriving your child will be checked in by a facilitator. A name tag will be placed on your child and you will receive a matching security tag. Please bring this tag with you when picking up your child. For your child’s safety, we only allow an adult or sibling over age 16 who has the matching security tag to pick up your child.
Check-in computers are located in Building A at the Small Fellowship Hall, Locker Room, and in the 2nd floor hallway.
We believe that the Bible is a book first and foremost about God. The other characters in the Bible merely point to God. So in our curriculum, we have attempted to exalt God – to show Him as a great and almighty God. In every lesson, Scripture is studied in the context of the question, “What does this say about God?”
We believe that children can handle deep truth at a young age. We want to fill them with solid Bible truth that will give them a foundation to fall back on when they go through deep waters. For this reason, the curriculum continually refers children to the Word of God. We believe that the Bible must be taught in depth, yet in a child-friendly, interesting manner. For this reason, much attention has been devoted to the development of creative presentation of essential Bible truths.
We believe that children learn “precept upon precept.” Truth presented on a simple level in the preschool years is reinforced and expanded at primary levels, and so forth. For this reason, truths are reintroduced to the children as they grow older, each time digging deeper and widening the scope of their understanding.
We believe that faith comes through hearing the Word of God (Romans 10:17). However, we also believe that teaching falls short if it simply feeds words through the minds of children. We want truth to be clearly understood by the children. Therefore, God’s truth is explained through illustration, connecting the known to the unknown. Because interaction with God’s truth is critical, children are encouraged to look up scripture passages, discover and respond to truth.
4’s and 5’s Worship is in the Locker Room during the 11am Worship Service. You can check in your child at the Locker Room.
Please Note: 1st-3rd Grade Children’s Worship is not meeting at this time
Wednesdays With Us
A church-wide fellowship meal is from 5:00-6:15pm.
Our Children’s Discipling Classes meet from 6:30-7:30pm on Wednesday nights.
In an effort to keep our children in an appropriate environment where they will experience the best spiritual growth possible, all of our Children’s Ministries are based on the age of the child. We follow the September 1st public school system date used for children who are entering school each year. Therefore, our Children’s Ministry is for children who will be 4 Yrs. of age by September 1st each year.
Promotion takes place once a year at Kiokee. On the first Sunday in August of each year, we promote children to new Sunday School Classes, Children’s Worship and Discipleship Classes. We do not promote children to new weekly ministry classes during the summer. So a child who just finished Second Grade would remain in the Second Grade Sunday School until the first Sunday in August. They would then move up to the Third Grade Sunday School.
At Kiokee, your child’s safety and security is very important to us.
Parents – the safety and protection of our children is a core value at Kiokee and something we take very seriously. Please do not drop off or leave your child in an area that is not staffed by at least two adult leaders.
Please take time to read our downloadable Safety and Protection Policies:
Sunday Mornings at Kiokee
- All children Birth-5th grade must be checked in for Sunday School and Children’s Worship by a parent, designated adult or sibling 16 yrs. of age or older.
- Computer check-in stations are located in Buildings A & B.
- Once a child is checked in to their ministry area, they will be given a name tag with a security number. Parents are given a matching tag with the same number.
- Parents of children Birth-3rd Grade are required to pick their child up from Sunday School/Children’s Worship and must present the matching security tag when picking up their child. If the parent designates another person to pick up their child, that person must have the child’s matching security tag.
- Children who will not be attending Children’s Worship will need to be picked up by a parent or designated adult after Sunday School.
- Children who have been designated at check-in to attend Children’s Worship will be escorted by their S.S. teachers from their Sunday School class to the Children’s Worship they are eligible to attend. A parent or designated adult must pick the child up from Children’s Worship.
- Children who are in 4th and 5th grade are allowed to walk from their S.S. class to the Sanctuary on Sunday mornings by themselves.
Wednesday Evenings at Kiokee
- All children Birth-5th grade must be signed in and picked up from their ministry area by a parent, designated adult or sibling 16 yrs. of age or older.
(Note: This is different from our Sunday morning procedure, which only requires children through 3rd grade to be signed in and picked up.)
- Computer check-in is available for children attending ministries in Buildings A and B. Boys in 1st – 5th grade that are attending RA’s at the 5:20 Building will be checked in on a roster by an RA leader.
Parents are asked to follow the above procedures as closely as possible. We would like to thank you in advance for helping us to ensure that your child’s time at Kiokee is safe and secure each week.
For the protection of your child and the other children attending our Children’s Ministry, parents are asked not to bring a child who appears to be ill. A child should not be brought to our Children’s Ministry if they have the following:
- Diarrhea, vomiting, or fever within the past 24 hours (Most pediatricians recommend a child be free of these symptoms for at least 24 hours before allowing them to attend).
- Thick, green, yellow or constant nasal drainage
- Croup or a persistent cough
- Strep Throat
- Drainage or redness in the eyes that could possibly be considered conjunctivitis (“pinkeye”) or other eye infection
- An unexplained rash
- Ringworm or impetigo
- Head Lice
- Any symptom of childhood disease such as Chickenpox, Whooping Cough, Scarlet Fever, or Mumps
- Any communicable disease
If your child develops an infectious disease such as Chickenpox or Head Lice after attending one of our Children’s Ministries, please contact the Children’s Director immediately so that other parents may be notified if necessary.
During the cold and flu season (usually December to February), parents are asked to please be especially cautious about bringing a child with a runny nose or persistent cough.
For the safety of your child, our leaders and volunteers are NOT allowed to administer any prescription or over-the-counter medications. If a child needs medicine, a parent must return to the room to administer it. Please do not allow your child to have prescription medications in their pockets, church bags or pocketbooks.
Please notify your child’s leader of any allergies they may have (food, drinks, insect bites or stings, etc.).
Allergy Alert signs are posted in ministry areas whenever leaders are serving/showing foods or bringing in anything that may be an allergy risk to children.